Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Curation Progress (Blog 7)

        The largest and most difficult part of starting my curation project/blog was choosing the right music. Since I did Old school hip hop and new school hip hop, I basically had to sift through what felt like the whole Internet in order to end up with exactly what I wanted. Of course I started out with a crazy, freak ugly list of songs because it was such a mess. But I figured I'd properly sift through that list once my brain started to function again.

         After feeling brain dead from song searching, I decided to do research on the list of artists and songs I had found and thought that could clear out that three page list. That doesn't sound like much of an accomplishment, but once I finished going through half that list, I felt like I could breathe again.  Also, after all that research, I found out that one of the most prominent hip-hop artists (MF Doom) used an alias for one of his albums. I was always wondering why that album was so impossible to find and without even trying, I found my answer.

My next three steps will be to finish sifting through that freak list and narrow it down to just the essentials, then to organize them in the order that I want them to show up, and then to finally begin typing up descriptions/thoughts on the songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment